In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Melissa Kwan. Melissa is the CEO and Co-founder of Webinar. She has spent twelve years in startups and built three successful companies without venture capital backing. Her previous startup, a real estate tech company, was acquired in 2019. As a revenue-driven founder specializing in sales and business development, Melissa has learned how to build companies with very few resources — by automating what she could, outsourcing wherever possible, and inspiring talented people to join her team with shared focus and enthusiasm.
Webinars in the various formats they exist in have been around for years. The rise of the on-demand webinar has happened over the last ten years. Many of the webinar platforms aren’t created with the customer in mind first. Melissa Kwan set out to solve a problem in the market she was facing herself. eWebinar was created to deliver a professional, authentic experience that helps engage and delight viewers. In this episode, I talk with Melissa about her entrepreneurial journey and the problems that eWebinar set out to solve.
Questions I ask Melissa Kwan:
- [1:38] How has your entrepreneurial journey led you here?
- [2:32] What is Webinar?
- [3:35] How is this platform different from the other options out there?
- [6:11] Did you make a decision in the very beginning that you wanted to steer clear of being scammy?
- [16:42] Are you an engineer or programmer yourself?
- [17:06] What’s been the hardest part from a tech perspective?
- [18:37] What’s your most requested new feature?
- [19:47] What’s the vision for the company three years from now?
- [22:06] Where can more people learn about eWebinar and connect with you?
More About Melissa Kwan:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals seeking the best education and inspiration to grow a business.
Everybody’s online, but are they finding your website? Grab the online spotlight and your customers’ attention with Semrush. From Content and SEO to ads and social media, Semrush is your one-stop shop for online marketing. Build, manage, and measure campaigns —across all channels — faster and easier. Are you ready to take your business to the next level? Get seen. Get Semrush. Visit semrush.com/go to try it free for 7 days.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND