In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview David Novak. David is the Founder and CEO of David Novak Leadership, the parent organization to five nonprofits dedicated to developing leaders at every stage of life, from ages 5 to 65. He’s the host of the top-ranked business podcast, How Leaders Lead with David Novak. David is also the Co-author of his newest book – Take Charge of You: How Self Coaching Can Transform Your Life and Career. And lastly, he was a co-founder, chairman, and CEO of one of the world’s largest restaurant companies: Yum! Brands.
Everyone could use a good coach to help them reach their full potential. Unfortunately, there just aren’t enough good ones to go around, and oftentimes, the ones that exist are too expensive or sought-after for most of us to even consider hiring them. But that doesn’t mean you should have to go without. In this episode, I talk with CEO and best-selling author, David Novak, about how powerful coaching can start with you. We dive into how self-coaching can help you fast-track success and transform your life.
Questions I ask David Novak:
- [1:45] Are you in some ways taking on the existing coaching industry?
- [4:27] The best coaches don’t tell you what to do, they ask you questions. Could you talk about how questioning is a big part of this book?
- [5:25] Have you thought about this as a leadership book?
- [8:42] Could you tell me a little bit about the process of identifying the joy blockers and joy builders?
- [11:20] Why did you land on joy as the key metric?
- [12:20] Have you seen people get better at self-coaching?
- [19:04] Where can people connect with you and find out more about your work?
More About David Novak:
More About The Certified Marketing Manager Program Powered By Duct Tape Marketing:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND